Lars Kwakkenbos is the Dean. He presides over the School of Arts and is appointed by the Board of Directors of the University College Ghent. He is Chairman of the Board of the School of Arts and of the Exam Commissions. The main duties of the Dean include developing and formulating the policy vision. He bears responsibility for all the subjects that are taught, the faculty’s finances, and the teaching and administrative staff. He also ensures the proper functioning of the faculty.
Board of the School of Arts
The Faculty Board manages the faculty in accordance with stipulations in the decree. It determines which powers are granted to the dean.
- Chairman: Lars Kwakkenbos
- Secretary: Joke Vangheluwe
- Two representatives from the artistic and cultural field: Sven Grooten, Carine Meulders
- Six board members put forward by Ghent University: Daniël Biltereyst, Franky Devos, Sylvia Vanpeteghem en Johan Huys
- Three representatives of the students: Emiel Lenaert, Musia Mwankumi en Mira Halsberge
- Six representatives of the staff: Martine Clierieck, Ilse Den Hond, Gert Keunen, Tomas Navratil, Filip Rathé, Roel Vandommele and Shila Hadji Heydari Anaraki
Training programme commissions
For each training programme there is a training programme commission that is composed of teaching staff and students. The training programme commission has the following tasks:
- describing the training programme profile
- establishing the final goals and final competences
- determining the structure of the study programme with the different training programme elements
- establishing the course contents, the study load, het evaluation system and the types of examinations
- participating in the execution of internal quality control and supporting external quality control
- formulating proposals related to training assignments that are filled in by the departments
Training programme commission visual arts
- Head of training programme commission: Edwin Carels
- Members: Paul Demets, Els Huygelen, Hendrik Leper, Kristien Buyse, Catherine Willems, Wouter Decorte, Ronny Duquenne, Qiuyun Hu, May Abnet and Silke Gerinckx
Training programme commission audiovisual arts
- Head of training programme commission: Martine Huvenne
- Members: Bie Boeykens, Elias Grootaers, Michel Druart, Hilde D’haeyere, Geert Vergauwe, Pascal Vermeersch, Godart Bakkers, Simon Van der Zande and Anne Verbeure.
Training programme commission music
- Head of training programme commission: Lars Kwakkenbos ad interim
- Members: Leon Lhoest, Gert Jacobs, Geert Dhondt, Wouter Van Tornhout, Geerten Verberckmoes, Gert Keunen, Filip Rathé, Joris Blanckaert.
Training programme commission drama
- Head of training programme commission: Jan Steen
- Members: Frank Cools, Martine Clierieck, Geert Belpaeme, Bauke Lievens, Paola Bartoletti, Wannes Gyselinck, Frederik Le Roy, Tom Goossens, Anna Franziska Jäger, Martha Balthazar, Jonas Baeke en Mieja Hollevoet.
Training programme commission landscape and garden architecture / landscape development
- Head of training programme commission: Sylvie Van Damme
- Members: Stefanie Delarue, Glenn Deliège , Nele De Cock, Luc Deschepper, Hans Druart, Pieter Foré, Ruben Joye , Caroline Poullier, Kobe Vanhaeren, Anthony Van Nieuwenhuyze, Agnes Adriaens en Steve Helsen.
Training programme commission interior design
- Head of training programme commission: Gustavo Mulhall
- Members: Laurence Berden, Brigit Cleppe, Céline De Clerq, Leen De Wilde, Steven Neetens, Christian Overdeput, Klaas Vanslembrouck, Tom Wellekens, Wouter Decorte, Linde Braecke, Lotte Desmedt en Marthe Cornelissen.
Training programme commission educational master
- Head of training programme commission: Ann De Bisschop
- Members: Jan Steen, Edwin Carels, Martine Huvenne, Lars Kwakkenbos (ad interim), Inès Beert, Mirella Ruigrok, Ann Saelens, Willem Breynaert en Karen Van Petegem.
Training programme commission digital design and development (Devine)
- Head of training programme commission: Jynse Cremers
Department of Architectonic Design
- Chairman: Jan De Pauw
- Members: Laurence Berden, Caroline Poullier, Sandy De Wolf, Bart Depestel, Luc De Schepper, Pieter Foré, Christian Overdeput and Gustavo Mulhall.
Department of Fine Arts
- Chairman: Emmanuel Depoorter
- Members: Ruben Bellinckx, Damaris Hadassah Emmerich, Evert Defrancq, Luc Degryse, Jean-Marie Demeyer, Els Dezwarte, Stefaan Dheedene, Jerry Galle, Simon Delobel, Antony Hudek, Shila Hadji Heydari Anaraki, Hendrik Leper, Philip Metten and Gerard Herman.
Department of Design
- Chairman: Hilde Bouchez
- Members: Diane Steverlynck, Clara Vankerschaver, Bram Jespers, Dirk van Gogh, Miel Cardinael, Dirk Deblauwe, Hilde Bouchez, Ronny Duquenne, Thomas Desmet, Wouter Decorte, Kristof Van Gestel, Francis Ponseele, Sara De Bondt en Andreas Korczak.
Department of Film, Photography and Drama
- Chairman: Lars Kwakkenbos ad interim
- Members: Patrick Alliët, Hilde D’Haeyere, Patrick Vermeulen, Anne-Francoise Lesuisse, Jan Kempenaers, An van. Dienderen, Stoffel Debuysere, Bob Mees, Bie Boeykens, Johan Opstaele, Jan Steen, Fabrice Delecluse, Frederik Le Roy, Marie Snauwaert and Ann Saelens.
Department of Music production, Jazz and Pop Music
- Chairman: Peter Lesage
- Members: Anu Junnonen, Frederik Goosens, Gert Jacobs, Gert Keunen, Maarten Weyler, Toon Van Dionant, Lander Gyselinck, Vincent Pierins, Klaas Tomme, Wendy Cocquyt en Wouter Van Tornhout.
Department of Classical Music
- Chairman: Filip Rathé
- Members: Eddy Vanoosthuyse, Rik Vercruysse, Yves Storms, Judith Ermert, Daan Vandewalle, Wim Konink, Marcos Pujol, Ivo Delaere, Jeroen Billiet, Florian Heyerick, Filip Rathé en Geert Dhondt, Hans Scholliers, Ruben Degheselle, Michaël Penson.
Department of Theory of Art Practices
- Chairman: Sofie Vandamme
- Members: Peter De Smet, An De Bisschop, Karen Van Petegem, Martine Clierieck, Frank Vande Veire, Godart Bakkers, Ines Beert, Helena De Preester, Wannes Gyselinck en Régis Dragonetti.